- Fire pit
- Outdoor games (corn hole, horseshoes, and oversized Jenga)
- Play by the river
- Keep an eye out for the elk herd!
- Stargazing under Bortle 3 skies!
(5 min. drive)
- Elbe Junction | Map
Coffee, craft beer, delicious ice cream and local gifts.
- Elbe Lutheran Church | Map
Beautiful historic church from Elbe’s founding.
- E Z Times Horse Rides | Map
Get out and experience local trails and forests on horse back.
(5 min. drive)
- Mineral Market | Map
Groceries, fishing needs, and more in a historic, frontier-style building.
- Mineral Lodge | Map
Historic lodge and event space with pristine views of Mt. Rainier.
(15 min. drive)
- Recycled Spirits of Iron Sculpture Park | Map
Stunning sculptures in a park-like setting. Free but donations encouraged.
- Ashford County Park | Map
Great playground, nice nature walk, and fantastic sledding hill when it snows!
(20 min. drive)
- Little Mashel River Waterfalls | Map
Easy to moderate hike to three amazing waterfalls! If you choose only one, Middle Falls is easiest to get to in all weather and is the most fantastic (especially during the rainy season). Start at Bud Blancher Trail or Smallwood Park and follow the signs along the trail.
(20 min. drive to park entrance)
- Mt. Rainier National Park | Map
Hiking, snow shoeing and amazing sites on the slopes of this mighty volcano.
Articles about Mt. Rainier National Park Area
5 detours to try on the way to Mount Rainier before winter ends – Seattle Times, March 2022
AARP’s Guide to Mount Rainier National Park – AARP May 18, 2022